As part of this clean eating challenge that I’ve taken on, I’ve decided to get a little experimental in the kitchen and have created my own sweet treat, made with only 5 ingredients, and all natural!
So I kinda just used what I already had in the cupboards and added things in after tasting, just to get the right balance. The result? Not too bad!! Needs a little refining, but not at all bad for my first attempt. In fact, I had a couple tonight for dessert. Feeling quite proud of myself actually 🙂
I’m hoping to get more creative this weekend and try out some more clean eating recipes. Proving to myself that clean eating can be fun and delicious!
- 1 cup of natural muslie or rolled oats (note, I kinda cheated and used muslie that had dried cranberries in it, hey it was what I already had in the kitchen)
- 1 cup of organic peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder (if you were to go pure naturalist, you may probably want to substitute in cacao powder, instead of cocoa)
- drizzle of honey to taste
- toasted grated coconut
- mix the muslie, peanut butter and cocoa powder together
- add honey to your taste (if you like it sweet, add more! if you only want to have a hint of sweetness then keep it to a very light drizzle)
- taste the mixture and adjust the ingredients until you get the flavour you want
- shake some coconut onto a plate
- grab a spoon, wet your hands and start rolling some balls!
- place the balls onto the plate of coconut and roll around to coat
Note: measurements are a rough guide only, add more or less of each ingredient depending on what you like 🙂